Topic: Prototype vs. model

Hello!

One quick question. Is AmQuake intended to test only prototypes i.e. full size structures, or is it suitable for models as well e.g. “full size / 5”

More questions coming up!

Cheers, Robert

Re: Prototype vs. model

Hello,

sorry for my late answer.

It could be ok, but for your specific application please try it in demo mode.

If I'm right, demo mode is limited to 10 walls, other than that there is no difference. Can you explain why use demo mode for my specific problem? Thanks

One more thing, in the case of stirrup spacing, I’ve noticed that the minimum value is 10 cm which is fine for prototype size structures but not for models (my case, 4 cm). Is it possible to change that in future versions?

> robb wrote:

> If I'm right, demo mode is limited to 10 walls, other than that there is no difference. Can you explain why use demo mode for my specific problem? Thanks

Try your specific “full size / 5” model if it can be run.

> robb wrote:

> One more thing, in the case of stirrup spacing, I’ve noticed that the minimum value is 10 cm which is fine for prototype size structures but not for models (my case, 4 cm). Is it possible to change that in future versions?

Ok, this is maybe the reason why AmQuake is not good for calculation of “full size / 5” model. :-( There are some tests for the real dimensions of topology, material, model.

In which material is not allowed get stirrups spacing 4cm? I tried it and it was ok.

Please for quick answer use "support @ amquake.eu" Thanks