Topic: AmQuake doesnt show RC ring?

Hi!
Am I wrong or AmQuake doesnt show RC ring in a model? I define both RC ring and lintel but only the lintel is rendered? Why is that so? Thickness of the ceiling is 20 cm, dimension of the RC ring is b/h=25/30 cm. Am I doing something wrong or AmQuake just doesnt show RC ring but only lintel?

Re: AmQuake doesnt show RC ring?

Hello, it can render the RC ring.

1) check if you have some reinforcement in RC ring material
2) check if you have added the RC ring material to ceiling
3) check, if the wall in the floor have properly position... that the walls is connected with windows or other walls

You can open the example file... go File -> Examples -> open WB10-00_H12-2Dxbc.amq

No, I did all you said but it just dont want to render RC ring, only lintel is rendered. Maybe demo version has some bug?
I also opened all the examples including WB10-00_H12-2Dxbc.amq and it just dont render RC ring only lintel.
I would post you a pictures, but the forum doesnt allow share-ing any links.

Hello,

may be, you need to set Mesh view... not geometry view.. in geometry there is no RC ring, but after mesh, in element and nodes view..there should be it.

If not, please send me the screenshot to our support emails..

http://www.amquake.eu/en/contact.html

Thank you..

Yes, you right, there is in mesh view, and there is not in geometry view. It would be great if you would enable, in next version of programme, RC ring in geometry view because many time, in real projects, there are 2-3 rows of bricks between lintel and RC ring. So it would be much easier to check geometry if there would be also a RC ring in geometry view.

Best regards!

Hello,
yes, you are right, but in geometry view, there is rendered ceiling. so The RC rings are inside the ceiling and they are not visible.
and second) the rc ring are made during meshing... because you only check if the rc ring is or not, and during meshing are automatically made between walls and windows which are in contact. So without meshing i dont have information in geometry view.

Best regards...

Yes, ok, but most often I have H=2,8 m and ceiling 0,20 m so total height is 3.0 m. I have walls 25 cm thick, RC ring has dimension b/h=25/30 cm and lintel is b/h=25/20 cm. So the RC ring has bigger height than the ceiling. If I put lintel directly under ceiling the RC ring would penetrate trough lintel. So it is not clear which element (lintel, RC ring or both) carries a vertical reaction of ceiling.
There is also a problem when I have doors which are 2 m heigh. If I put lintel on top of a door it is 2,00+0,20= 2,20 m. Space between lintel and RC ring is then 0,50 m, and space between lintel and ceiling is 0,60 m. It would be much easier to control geometry if the RC ring would be rendered in geometry view.

Last edited by robert21 (2019-04-11 15:51:43)

I understand it, but it is not possible. RC rings are automatically made during meshing. So in geometry they dont exists.

Ok